CapShift (“we” or “us”) appreciates your concerns about the privacy of personal information that you provide to us through this website (“Site”). Given the nature of the services we provide, we are required by regulation, law or operating policies to collect this personal information. Therefore, we have posted this Policy to explain how we collect, use, share and most importantly protect information when you access or use our Site and how you can update and control the use of information provided through the Site.
What information do we collect?
When you register on our Site, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address or telephone number. You may, however, also visit our Site without providing such information.
If you create a user profile with CapShift, we will collect additional information such as information related to your assets, investment experience, income and investment objectives through applications and other forms you submit to us. We also may obtain additional information from third parties to verify any representations made by you.
We may also collect certain information about your use of our Site. For example, we may capture the IP address of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of the Site you access, and the site you visit next.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your needs and allows us to provide information about the products and services you request and we offer and assist in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of your account.This includes disclosing your personal information to third parties we contract with to help conduct our business.
- To improve our Site: We continually strive to improve our Site based on the information and feedback we receive from you so we may better understand our clients and their needs.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To educate: The information you provide may be used in the aggregate to generate industry trends and publish newsletters.Personally identifiable information will not be disclosed in this regard.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Except as outlined in this policy, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to our Affiliates (1) or outside parties your personally identifiable information for marketing and other purposes. However, we do provide certain, necessary information to Affiliates or trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you (“service providers”). We require service providers to agree to keep this information confidential. We prohibit service providers from using or disclosing your information except for the limited, particular purpose for which it was shared and to the persons for whom disclosure was intended as agreed to by contract. We, and our service providers, may also share your information as required or permitted by law. For example, we may share information with regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials when such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law.
Can you opt out of our cookies?
Yes, our cookies all originate from our Site domain: www.capshift.com. Anyone can opt out of having CapShift cookies dropped either by blocking all cookies (via their internet browser settings/preferences) or by blocking cookies specifically from the www.capshift.com domain specifically (if their browser allows this).
How do we protect your information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use commercially reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. Contracts with our service providers require them to restrict access to your non-public personal information, and to likewise maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards against unintended disclosure. In addition, we have internal policies governing the proper handling of client information by employees.
How do I update my personal information?
You may review or update your personal information by logging in to the Site if you are registered. If you cannot change the information online or you prefer to request changes offline, please update your information by contacting CapShift at email@example.com.
The Site is not designed to attract users under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use the Site. If you are a parent and become aware of use of the Site by an individual under the age of 18, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we disclose to disclose how it responds to "Do Not Track Signals" and whether third parties collect personally identifiable information about users when they use online services.
The Company does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from our users for third party use through advertising technologies.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 also permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that the Company is only required to respond to one request per users each year.
This Policy Was Last Updated On April 10, 2019.
(1) An “Affiliate” or “Affiliates” is a person or entity who or which, directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls or is controlled by, or is under common control with a party (the term “control” means the ability, whether by ownership of shares or other equity interests, by contract or otherwise, to elect a majority of the directors of a corporation, to select the managing or general partner of a partnership, or otherwise to select, or have the power to remove and then select, a majority of those persons exercising governing authority over an entity). Each Affiliate is a separate legal entity, none of which is responsible for the obligations of the other.