Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with room for growth? We are a mission-driven startup working at the intersection of finance and impact to help our clients invest in social enterprises, impact funds, and transformative new ideas. Working at CapShift offers the opportunity for rapid development, freedom to grow, and the partnership of a dedicated group of teammates. The role provides unique exposure to the entire impact investing marketplace, including public investments, private illiquid investments, and recoverable grants.
All roles at CapShift require flexibility and collaboration, given the start-up nature of the organization. CapShift is looking for someone who wants to go deep into the details and constantly refine our processes and operations. This person will help lead:
- Portfolio Management Support – Support the CapShift research team in client portfolio construction, risk management assessment, performance and impact reporting.
- Client Account Management – Support CapShift’s advisory client business through weekly account trading, quarterly rebalancing, quarterly alternative asset valuations, and transaction management.
- Client Relationship Support – Support the CapShift research team relationship managers through content development for our advisory clients, including overview materials on portfolio ESG exposure, development of compelling financial & impact reporting, portfolio & fund analytics, and overview presentations.
- Strategy Development – Support the research team in formalizing CapShift’s operations and analytics processes and procedures, setting the foundation and capacity for future client growth.
- Data Analytics – Leverage CapShift’s unique database of over 1,000 impact investment opportunities to help develop custom sourcing reports, fund analytics, and grow the team’s impact management and reporting capabilities.
- Research Technology Implementation – Work closely with research technology vendors on key projects. Oversee the CapShift research team’s technology implementation and execution.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience; preferably in trading, operations, or portfolio management support
- Experience in fund or financial account management
- Exceptional excel and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Desire to work in a high growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions
- Proactive, thoughtful, self-motivated, detail oriented, organized, and able to effectively communicate across multiple business units and stakeholders
- MBA or equivalent experience preferred
CapShift’s goal is to increase the flow of capital into initiatives solving global and local challenges. We manage a fast-growing impact investing platform that empowers philanthropic and financial institutions, along with their clients, to mobilize capital for social and environmental change. We work with many leading financial institutions in the $140 billion donor advised fund market, including Fidelity Charitable, Vanguard Charitable, and National Philanthropic Trust. Our suite of solutions makes it easy to source and implement impact investments that meet the needs of financial advisors, donor advised fund sponsors and their clients, foundations, asset management institutions, and more.
Our leadership has managed billions of dollars of impact investments in disruptive solutions in the health, education, poverty, community finance, clean energy, and sustainable food sectors. Our team combines deep impact investment experience with a nimble startup culture with the goal of mobilizing capital for social and environmental change. We are committed to building a diverse, talented team of young leaders in the impact investment space.
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Title and salary will be determined based on the qualifications of the hired candidate.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience, with the subject “Investment Data and Operations” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by June 11th, 2021.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the business.