Do you have a successful track record in investment operations supporting complex financial solutions for family offices, advisors, or institutional clients? This is your chance to play a key role in the future success of our fast-growing organization!
We are seeking a purpose-driven, detailed oriented, investment operations professional who is looking to gain unique exposure to the entire sustainable and impact investing marketplace, including public, private, and non-profit investments.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated team. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
- Monitor investment portfolio allocations and cash flows
- Submit trades to rebalance portfolios and provide liquidity
- Process wires, ACH payments, and account transfers
- Manage private assets throughout the investment lifecycle including processing subscriptions, capital calls, distributions, valuation changes, and redemptions
- Help build scalable and efficient operational solutions
- Gain exposure to the unique operational complexity and nuances of a variety of private investments and a philanthropic product, recoverable grants
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Maintain portfolio positions within Financial Reporting software and Salesforce
- Perform account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly client reporting
- Work with clients through the onboarding and account opening process
- Work closely to provide exceptional service across internal teams as well as with external clients, investment managers and service providers
- Bring creative solutions to the team to help solve unique operational challenges
- Provide exceptional service to our colleagues and clients
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in investment operations, financial services, or trading and portfolio management support across multiple asset classes including publics and privates
- A passion to work for a mission-driven and growth-oriented company
- Acute attention to detail
- Exceptional Excel and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities within tight time frames
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude, proactive, thoughtful, self-motivated, and able to effectively communicate across multiple business units and stakeholders
- Interest in and knowledge of financial markets and securities
- Experience working with financial technology software (Morningstar, MSCI, or Portfolio Management Software) preferred
CapShift aims to make it easier for families to build impact investment portfolios through their trusted advisors and financial institutions. Since its founding, CapShift has mobilized capital into dozens of high impact funds and enterprises providing solutions to global issues such as climate, health, racial justice, and income inequality.
CapShift’s impact investing platform combines software, research, and advisory capabilities and covers over 1,000 leading impact investment funds and enterprises across public, private, and nonprofit investment and recoverable grant segments.
CapShift is targeting the $1 trillion charitable investment market, and currently works with many leading donor advised fund providers including Vanguard Charitable, National Philanthropic Trust, and Chicago Community Trust. Our suite of solutions makes it easy to source, diligence, deploy, monitor, and implement impact portfolios. Clients include foundations, financial and philanthropic advisors, corporations, and family offices.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, Jacques Perold, and Heron Foundation. Other investors include leading impact investing families, and include Jesse Fink, Spring Point Partners, Gratitude Railroad, Brazen Impact, and Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment.
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for the role — including interest, key skills, academic qualifications, previous experience, and any other information you deem relevant — with the subject “Investment Operations Associate – Impact Investing” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will begin reviewing applications starting February 7th. We encourage interested candidates to submit their applications early.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the company.