Time: Summer 2021
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with room for growth?
We are a small team in a mission-driven startup working at the intersection of finance and impact to help our clients invest in social enterprises, impact funds, and transformative new ideas. Working at CapShift offers the opportunity for rapid development along with the ability to work with a diverse group of teammates.
All roles at CapShift require substantial flexibility and collaboration, given the nimble nature of the organization. CapShift is looking for an Impact Investing Fellow who will work directly with the Managing Director of Business Development, and the supporting Sales & Marketing staff. The successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the sales process, including: the development of target market campaigns, qualifying individual and advisor prospects, appointment scheduling, follow-up communications, client service activities, and final presentations. In addition, this position will serve as an initial screening point for inbound inquiries.
- Sustainable/impact investments and philanthropic vehicles
- CapShift’s working structure, policies, mission, and strategies
- Financial services and wealth advisory industries
- RIA and family office operations (preferred)
- Salesforce CRM (preferred)
- Advanced concepts, principles and practices of business development, as evidenced by current or recently completed pursuit of a graduate degree in relevant studies
- Preparing and delivering clear, convincing and professional presentations to small audiences
- Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques
- Organizing, managing, and tracking multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Detail orientation to ensure quality standards are met without impairing workflow
- Follow-up to ensure resolution and completion of tasks
- Using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication and spreadsheets (Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with internal and external clients to accomplish objectives
- Effectively address concerns or challenging questions when they arise
- Represent CapShift in a highly professional manner
- Demonstrate discretion in honoring client confidentiality at all times
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Take on responsibilities beyond what is required; volunteer to take on new assignments
- Exhibit tendencies to be a self-starter
- Promote services and be comfortable in a sales environment
- Demonstrate high self-confidence
- Excel in a team environment
Specifics about the role
- Assist MD of Business Development in all aspects of the sales process
- At direction of the MD, work to generate new business leads and increase sales
- Communicate to wealth advisors and individual donors to introduce services by phone and online conferencing
- Assist in use case analysis and presentation
- Assist in the creation of client proposals and marketing collateral material
- Assist in supporting marketing campaigns by organizing and implementing calls and mailings
- Respond to requests from wealth advisors who need assistance with CapShift’s offerings
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
How to apply
If interested, please submit an email titled [Impact Investing Business Development Fellow] with your resume and cover letter attached to Emma Kulow at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period will close on Sunday, April 18 at 5 pm ET, 2021.
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
CapShift will provide a $10,000 stipend for a 12-week period.
CapShift’s goal is to increase the flow of capital into initiatives solving global and local challenges. We manage a fast-growing impact investing platform that empowers philanthropic and financial institutions, along with their clients, to mobilize capital for social and environmental change. We work with many leading financial institutions in the $140+ billion donor advised fund market, including Fidelity Charitable and National Philanthropic Trust. Our suite of solutions makes it easy to source and implement impact investments that meet the needs of financial advisors, donor advised fund sponsors and their clients, foundations, asset management institutions, and more.
Our leadership has managed billions of dollars of impact investments in disruptive solutions in the health, education, poverty, community finance, clean energy, and sustainable food sectors. Our team combines deep impact investment experience with a nimble startup culture with the goal of mobilizing capital for social and environmental change. We are committed to building a diverse, talented team of young leaders in the impact investment space.