Do you have a successful track record in selling complex financial solutions to family offices or family foundations?
We are seeking a purpose-driven business development professional to bring our impact investing platform to new channels that are anchored on our leadership in the donor advised fund market.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated group of teammates. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
- Develop prospects and build business relationships with philanthropic and impact-focused family offices through trusted intermediaries such as CapShift’s donor advised fund provider and advisor clients
- Manage a set of prospects through a consultative process, working to covert prospects to clients using one or more CapShift solutions
- Lead efforts to enhance CapShift’s business development tools, including messaging, collateral, and technology
- Support CapShift’s presence in the industry, including traveling to conferences, leading webinars, and meeting directly with users and prospective clients
- Help family offices understand how CapShift can support families through donor advised funds, family foundations, or other family investment vehicles.
- Develop deep expertise in the impact investing market, including specific knowledge across key issues such as climate, racial justice, community investing, gender equity, and global health.
- Work with a team-based business development approach to collaboratively support team growth goals across a variety of activities
- 4+ years of direct experience in business development targeting a mix of wealth family offices, family foundations, or related client types
- Track record of consistently closing sales and growing revenues through prospects that you owned
- Excellence in leading consultative sales of complex, high-value technology, advisory, or investment services
- Knowledge and experience with ESG, sustainable, and impact investing and charitable investment landscape strongly preferred
- Experience in working with intermediary or institutional channels preferred
- A passion for delivering value for clients while aligning financial returns with societal impact, with a drive to work for a mission-driven company.
- Fit with working in a high-growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities and leadership positions, with prior startup experience preferred
CapShift aims to make it easier for families to build impact investment portfolios through their trusted advisors and financial institutions. Since its founding, CapShift has mobilized capital into dozens of high impact funds and enterprises providing solutions to global issues such as climate, health, racial justice, and income inequality.
CapShift’s impact investing platform combines software, research, and advisory capacities and covers over 1,000 leading impact investment funds and enterprises across public, private, and nonprofit investment and recoverable grant segments.
CapShift is targeting the $1 trillion charitable investment market, and currently work with many leading donor advised fund providers including Vanguard Charitable, National Philanthropic Trust, and Chicago Community Trust. Its suite of solutions makes it easy to source, diligence, deploy, and monitor implement impact portfolios. Clients includes foundations, financial and philanthropic advisors, corporations, and family offices.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, Jacques Perold, and Heron Foundation. Other investors include leading impact investing families, and include Jesse Fink Spring Point Partners, Gratitude Railroad, Brazen Impact, and Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment.
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter, that details your interest in the role and key qualifications or experience, with the subject “Director, Business Development” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the company.