Do you have a successful track record in supporting business development around complex financial solutions to family offices, advisors, or institutional clients?
We are seeking a purpose-driven business development professional to bring our impact investing platform to new channels anchored on our leadership in the donor advised fund market.
CapShift is a mission-driven growth company working at the intersection of finance and impact to unlock the $1 trillion of charitable assets in the U.S. for impact investments into funds and enterprises. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a culture of personal development, creative freedom, and the partnership of a dedicated team. Our aim is to help mobilize billions of dollars of investment capital to organizations tackling major social and environmental challenges.
- Research leads and prospects to qualify and score their potential
- Conduct outbound outreach to potential prospects to generate business development leads
- Lead introductory calls with family offices, advisors, donors, or foundations to quality client needs and identify appropriate CapShift products and next steps
- Manage and maintain Salesforce CRM tools, including pipeline reporting to leadership team
- Coordinate meetings and calls between prospective clients and business development team
- Develop client specific presentations, proposals, and RFP responses to support a team-based approach to business development
- Build relationships with key influencers in the impact investing sector and participate in industry events to identify potential prospects
- Deeply understand CapShift’s mission, value proposition and product to effectively communicate with potential clients, in coordination with Product and Marketing teams
- Develop deep expertise in the impact investing market – including issues such as climate, racial justice, community investing, and global health – by monitoring industry trends
- Over time, add business development representative responsibilities to own sales prospects through all stages of the pipeline to closing
- Expectation over time of travel up to 1-3 times per month, although travel expected to be limited in short term due to health restrictions
- 2+ years of direct experience in business development or sales experience
- Track record of consistently exceeding lead targets
- Excellent communication, presentation, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Interest in being trained across business development, marketing, sales and product, with a goal to take on growing business development responsibilities
- A passion to work for a mission-driven and growth-oriented company
- Fit working in a high-growth, flexible startup environment in which employees are expected to take on multiple responsibilities, with prior startup experience preferred
- Preferred knowledge of ESG, sustainability, and impact investment
- Preferred proficiency with Salesforce CRM software and experience building sales reports
- Preferred experience in the asset management or financial services industry
CapShift aims to make it easier for families to build impact investment portfolios through their trusted advisors and financial institutions. Since its founding, CapShift has mobilized capital into dozens of high impact funds and enterprises providing solutions to global issues such as climate, health, racial justice, and income inequality.
CapShift’s impact investing platform combines software, research, and advisory capabilities and covers over 1,000 leading impact investment funds and enterprises across public, private, and nonprofit investment and recoverable grant segments.
CapShift is targeting the $1 trillion charitable investment market, and currently works with many leading donor advised fund providers including Vanguard Charitable, National Philanthropic Trust, and Chicago Community Trust. Our suite of solutions makes it easy to source, diligence, deploy, monitor, and implement impact portfolios. Clients include foundations, financial and philanthropic advisors, corporations, and family offices.
CapShift was founded by MissionPoint Partners, Jacques Perold, and Heron Foundation. Other investors include leading impact investing families, and include Jesse Fink, Spring Point Partners, Gratitude Railroad, Brazen Impact, and Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment.
How to Apply
CapShift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, physical ability, or involvement in the criminal justice system. We invite individuals with diverse life experiences and non-conventional backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for the role — including interest, key skills, academic qualifications, previous experience, and any other information you deem relevant — with the subject “Business Development Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will begin reviewing applications starting February 7th. We encourage interested candidates to submit their applications early.
CapShift offers competitive compensation along with an opportunity for employees to receive equity in the company.